Professional development for teachers is critical to the successful use of technology to improve the quality of learning in the classroom. A spring 2015 survey by Samsung Electronics America and GfK found that:
- 91 percent of teachers believe that up-to-date training on using technology in the classroom is important to achieve success in the classroom.
- 37 percent of teachers say that they would “love” to use technology in the classroom, but they simply do not know how.
- Teachers over the age of 43 are less confident about using technology in the classroom compared to younger teachers, with 63 percent agreeing they need more technology training to support their students’ needs.
Professional development should be an integral part of a school or district technology plan and should provide for ongoing and integrated technology training for teachers.
GreyED Solutions’ edtech professionals have been in the classroom and know that without training, even the most amazing technology tools will go unused. We work with your team to design and deliver in-person or virtual professional development workshops that increase teachers’ confidence in their ability to use technology seamlessly in their lessons and activities.
Professional Development workshops include:
- Getting started with blended learning
- Flipping the classroom
- Getting started with project based learning (PBL)
- The Google classroom
- Using video and podcasts to encourage student creativity
- Managing BYOD
- Blogging as an educational activity
- And much more!