Set the Tone for Collaboration
Source: SmartBlog on Education in partnership with GreyED Solutions
Whether you are working with a small group of students, planning with your colleagues, or training a group of teachers, it can be a challenge to get everybody on the same page — Web page that is.
Enter Google Tone. An extension of the Google Chrome browser, Google Tone lets users share URLs using sound. Now getting everyone on the same page as simple as clicking a button.
Here’s what you do:
- Make sure you and your co-collaborators are using Chrome.
- Visit the Chrome Web Store and search for Google Tone (extension).
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button and accept the permissions. Once installed you will be taken to a website that will give you a brief overview of the extension.
- Make sure that the volume on your mic and speakers is set to high.
- Once you are on the URL page that you would like others to view, click the megaphone icon on the top right corner of the Chrome toolbar.
- Your device will then emit a short sequence of beeps.
- Nearby devices receive a clickable notification that will open the same tab.
Voila! Now everyone is on the same page.